Life of a Phoenix

Monday, January 17, 2011

By: Newton Tanskul

I begin anew
Leaving my brief remnants
Continuing this endless search
Soaring across the sky
Following the warm sunlight
Guiding lost souls amidst night
They see me as a sign of peace
A sign of strength and permanence
But I was never able to choose my fate
Therefore I question my existence
And I ponder my purpose
Jealous of the peacock’s grandeur
Envious of the dove’s swift gait
Longing for the crow’s reverence
While my fires may illuminate the misguided
What good can it do to me?
I am not gifted; I am cursed
Time has lost meaning for me
For when I bathe in flames
I sing one last song in tribute to the lost
As it is I who has truly faltered
And from the ashes I shall rise
Forever blazing in this vicious cycle
I begin anew

0 comments:

Post a Comment